Apply for Part-time jobs

I am in the U.S. and looking for a part-time job, how should I proceed?

The easiest to get a job in the U.S. is to get an offer from your Indian employer to work overseas. Otherwise, the path is long and tedious but worth it. If you are a student pursuing your degree, you are eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT). This is temporary employment directly related to a full-time student’s F-1 visa in their central study area.

While picking up the necessary job skills, this is a valuable opportunity to show that you are a good fit for the job you are applying for. Eligible students can apply for 12 months of OPT employment authorization before completing their academic studies (pre-completion) and after completing their academic studies (post-completion). But all periods of pre-completion OPT will be deducted from the available period of post-completion OPT.

1 Like