How should I protect myself against credit card frauds and scams?
- A very important thing to keep in mind is DON’T GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ONLINE UNLESS THE SITE IS SECURE AND REPUTABLE.
- Don’t trust a site just because it claims to be secure.
- Make sure you are purchasing merchandise from a reputable source.
- Do your homework on the individual or company to ensure that they are legitimate.
- Obtain a physical address rather than simply a post office box and a telephone number, and call the seller to see if the telephone number is correct and working.
- Send an email to the seller to make sure the email address is active, and be wary of those that utilize free email services where a credit card wasn’t required to open the account.
- Consider not purchasing from sellers who won’t provide you with this type of information.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau from the seller’s area. Check out other websites regarding this person/company.