Shipping Quotes

How do I get quotes for shipping to the U.S?

While planning your big move to the U.S., the companies you are choosing will ask you to provide a few details about your move. If the companies have shipping partners who can help you out, they will contact you with quotes. Once you get a few quotes from different companies, you can compare these and select the deal that suits you best.

Is it safe to send essential items like household stuff and other home essentials which I won’t be able to carry in my baggage on the flight? :smiling_face_with_tear:

You can check out the link here - Prohibited and Restricted Items | U.S. Customs and Border Protection where you can see all the items which are restricted to carry.
Make sure you don’t run into any issues, be very mindful of carrying anything that might be even slightly dangerous. Some items are listed below:

• Narcotics and certain other medications
  • Absinthe (unless thujone free)
  • Plants, seeds, vegetables, and fruits
  • Soil, livestock or animal pests (clean any children’s items, or items used outside prior to shipping to avoid issues due to soil residue)
  • Biological cultures and specimens (unless you have a permit from the Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service)