SSN Eligibility

This is the first time I am traveling to the U.S. for work. Am I eligible for an SSN?

Anyone who is inclined to study or work in the U.S. can apply for an SSN
If you’re an F-1 student and eligible to work on campus, you must provide a letter from your designated school official that:

  • Identifies you
  • Confirms your current school status
  • Identifies your employer and the type of work you are or will be doing.
  • Evidence of that employment, such as a recent payslip or a letter from your employer